Labels

She Inspires Me

December 3 2010, Lauren Scruggs stepped off a small private plane after a flight to view holiday lights from the sky and her whole world changed forever! Lauren accidentally stepped in to the line of the propeller and her NEW journey began! It was all over the news, both local and national, how a young (23 years old) model had been injured. When I first heard about the accident, my only thought was, how does someone deal with such a loss? 

A few days later I received a phone call asking me if I would emcee a fundraiser for Lauren and before they could completely get the question out I said YES! I couldn't wait to do something, no matter how small, to help this young woman and her family. Lisa Kimbell had heard Lauren's story too and like me, couldn't wait to help! She immediately called people in the community to start organizing a huge fundraiser. A few days later, it was ALL set~ 
"An Event For Lauren" created by The Kimbell Agency to be held at Sambuca360 in Plano and hosted by a few FABULOUS local celebrities like~
Burton Gilliam from Blazing Saddles
Styling Steve Kemble ~ America's Sassiest Guru
Ira Terrell~ Former Professional Basketball Player
Jody Dean~ KLUV 98.7 Morning Host
Danielle Vollmar, Host of Eye Opener on CW33
Lisa Petty from DFW Style Daily &
Rich Emberlin from Dallas SWAT TV Show
 

The evening was absolutely breathe taking. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, in the media was there to cover the event. It was an outpouring of support for Lauren and her family. Here's a clip from The Today Show and People Magazine's Coverage on the day after the event~
 (click on the picture if you want to read the full story)
Since that night, if I ever find myself feeling like I can't, I STOP and think of Lauren and suddenly~ I am INSPIRED once again! You can keep up with Lauren's recovery on her mothers blog on caring bridge at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/laurenscruggs and don't forget to keep up with Lauren at her fashion blog site, http://lolomag.com/. She inspires me!

2 comments:

  1. I am really sorry to hear the story of Lauren. It’s true that after you meet an accident your whole life changes. But participating as a fundraiser for Lauren is really inspiring. Still there are people in the world who are kind enough to support a family in need. Thanks a lot for sharing the story of Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of you all who have made efforts to raise funds for Lauren. I think it’s our duty to help out those whose lives have been changed within a moment. Hats off to the local celebrities who have organized the event for Lauren. Really enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete